Prev: RE: beam classes: repairing; armour Next: Re: Flat top carriers

Re: Flat top carriers

From: Fred and Evelyn Wolke <thewolkes@e...>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 20:01:44 -0400
Subject: Re: Flat top carriers

At 01:44 PM 6/23/99 +0100, you wrote:

>> favored since I dislike the carrier versions of the FSE (why
>> wet navy style flight decks?).
>
>Just picked up on this comment, especially since I have just finished
painting 3 new carriers
>by brigade minatures all flat tops :)
>I like em and in my opinion no one has justified other means for
handling
fighters on space vessels.
>All very well launching out of tubes but what about landing?
>In Battlestar Galactica the fighters launched out of tubes, but for
landing they used a big open deck,
>albeit a covered over one.
>
>Oh and as an aside anyone else notice in the film Starship Troopers
that
the second fleet action had the
>fighters on flat sections of the ships ?
>
>I like flat tops :)

My scratch-built fleets all include flat spots for recovering fighters.
make no excuses.  For me, they make an easy identification of the
carriers,
and nothing else.
*****

thewolkes@earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~thewolkes

*****

Prev: RE: beam classes: repairing; armour Next: Re: Flat top carriers