Prev: [List] Vacation Next: [FT] RE: beam classes: repairing; official minis

beam classes: repairing; official minis

From: Glen Bailey <Glen.Bailey@s...>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 08:13:09 -0400
Subject: beam classes: repairing; official minis

I hadn't considered damage control when considering which class of
beam weapon to install.  I had very little chance to make repairs
in the two combats (an NSL SDN just pummels little NAC BBs to death).
And there is a priority to the core systems when they get hit.
Speaking of which, I dislike the bridge core system hit.  It is
too severe with a high die roll (4+).  No turning is not too much
of a problem but what about all those gunners and their officers?
Don't we pay them to fight?  Do they need new orders every turn to
fire on an enemy, especially one they fired on before?

My purist miniature friend is going to order a lot of the
"official" GZG minis, so I offered to buy one of the fleets
so he doesn't have to spend all of his money (ain't I nice?).
So I looked through the fleet book and decided I like the FSE
and ESU miniature styles the best, with the ESU coming out
favored since I dislike the carrier versions of the FSE (why
wet navy style flight decks?).	But I dislike the lack of
armor on the ESU ships.  I know the purist, and others, will
dislike me changing the designs, even a little (remove some
systems to add armor).	What are the benefits of armor vs
no armor?  What has been the results of combats?  Any "official"
refit suggestions I can put in the face of complainers?

Glen

Prev: [List] Vacation Next: [FT] RE: beam classes: repairing; official minis