Prev: Re: OGRE stuff Next: Re: I'm back... and I have a question for SG2 players

Re: I'm back... and I have a question for SG2 players

From: Laserlight <laserlight@c...>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 18:58:49 -0400
Subject: Re: I'm back... and I have a question for SG2 players

>Let us suppose that someone (either the
>NAC or the OU)

Saudi hired Gurkhas as tough, professional troops who are capable of
dealing
with unpleasant climate (which IF planets have a fair amount of).  The
House
of Sa'ud had the money to pay, and they also have an affinity for
British
trained troops.  Once the House of Sa'ud was overthrown, the Gurkhas
either
a) emigrated to somewhere close by (eg, Alarish, or  perhaps Free
Cal-Tex);
or b) decided to serve the IF, which really needs steady troops and
might be
willing to overlook religious variances to get them.  I'd suggest mostly
the
latter, it'll give a little more color to the IF.

Prev: Re: OGRE stuff Next: Re: I'm back... and I have a question for SG2 players