Prev: Re: OGRE stuff Next: Re: OGRE stuff

Re: OGRE stuff

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 23:29:36 +0100
Subject: Re: OGRE stuff

>>	Masters were made for the Chinese and Japanese OGRE cybertanks
>>(and you could play withe them back at GenCon '95 and '96).  Simtac
makes
>>some nice large vehicles tht could easily pass for cybertanks.
>>
>>	Of course, based on their queality track record, I am sure GZG
>>would produce some *keen* designs! :)
>>
>>	Ken
>
>Maybe I'm crazy, but I would have sworn that GZG *did* make an Ogre at
one
>point.  It was a two piece resin model, with four seperate tread units
on
>the bottom half an Ogreish primary battery in the front, two missile
tubes
>in the back, and a very short tower on the top.  I have one myself,
>obtained several years ago from Stan Johansen -- the first American
>importer of GZG, if I recall correctly.  It's still sitting in a
drawer,
>screaming for a decent paint job....
>
>I assume that this piece is now oop?

Ah, the old "Troll" cybertank.... :-)
Made a long time ago, and a bit crude and basic, but it did the job....
(The name was partly a play on the "ogre" genre, and partly a homage to
the
Keith Laumer "Night of the Trolls", one of the early Bolo stories)
Yes, long since deleted (and for production rather than legal reasons,
before anyone asks <grin>), though I THINK the mould is still around
somewhere.... ;-)

Jon (GZG)