Prev: Re: OGRE stuff Next: Finally got around to updating website

Re: [OT] Test Message

From: Donald Hosford <hosford.donald@a...>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 16:06:54 -0400
Subject: Re: [OT] Test Message

Jerry Han wrote:

> Donald Hosford wrote:

snipped!

> Agitated doesn't even begin to explain how I felt; first time I've
> ever had a SIMM bank go BOOM, and it took Windows with it.  (Only
> with a Microsoft product where a hardware failure in the memory can
> result in a complete corruption and re-install of the operating
system.)

> The worst part is that I'm trying to recover a good chunk of the
> GZG-ECC III website I had on the drive.  Luckily, it's mostly the
graphics,
> so all the information is intact (and is slowly being setup for
official
> website launch.)  Unfortunately, graphics takes up the most time.
Grrr.

http://people.canoe.ca/jhan \
>>   ** Visit the Canadian Online Explorer! => http://www.canoe.ca **
TBFTGOGGI

>>  The opinions expressed are mine, and not necessarily those of CANOE
Canada.

>>	    "...And if I should try, Would you catch me If I Fall?"

Oh man!  Never had that happen to me....  We have had to reinstall
win95/98
several times...(what a pain!)	Your lucky you only lost a few graphic
files.

My brother's system had this habit of killing internal modems...It
seemed to
like the taste of 56K modems...(and the occasional sound card)	We could
never
figure out why this happened.  We had to replace 3 cards before we
switched to a
new mother board/case.

Before I moved up to win95, I allways kept my DOS system backed up.
Since then,
I have been flying without a net...I am having trouble convincing win95
that I
have a tape drive...

Donald Hosford

Prev: Re: OGRE stuff Next: Finally got around to updating website