Prev: Re: Toy Vehicle Alert! Next: The Unofficial GZG Players Location Guide (was: other gamers live...)

Re: Toy Vehicle Alert!

From: Michael Sarno <atomicat@g...>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 1999 15:05:36 -0400
Subject: Re: Toy Vehicle Alert!

Jonathan Jarrard wrote:

> I went to a Super K-Mart over lunch and found a new 55 piece military
> playset (Combat Zone) on sale there for only $10.
>
> All vehicles are dark green hard plastic with moving parts.  All scale
> references are to 28mm.  Included are:
>
> 7.  Barrels, road cones (way too big), rocks,

    I painted these rocks and used them in my Charlie Company scenario
at
WarFaire a few weeks ago.  No one seemed to notice that they were part
of a
$10 kids set that I bought at KMart.

> 3-piece sandbag barricade,

    This looked great after I dry brushed it.

> 5+ piece interlocking brick wall (don't know what that's supposed to
be
> for)

    Yeah, I don't know either, but you know what, this came out to look
the
best of all the pieces.  I mostly game Charlie Company (Vietna-era
infantry)
so I guess I'll use them for a Tet scenario.

> 9.  Ammo boxes,

    These, too, looked great once I painted them.

All in all, it was a good investment for the $10.  I got some cheap
accessories and my kids have the cheesy looking soldiers and vehicles.
Actually, I've been giving them out piece meal.  Everytime my three year
old
wants to "help" me while I'm painting my figs, I just give her another
piece
from the set and shuffle her off to play.  We're all happy.

-Michael

--
Michael Sarno

http://www.geocities.com/~atomicat
Check out my updated Charlie Company web pages!
Info, resources, and links for RAFM's miniatures
skirmish wargame of infantry combat in Vietnam 1965-1972

"No nation should put the burden of war
 on its military forces alone."
 -General William C. Westmoreland,
		  US Army, retired

Prev: Re: Toy Vehicle Alert! Next: The Unofficial GZG Players Location Guide (was: other gamers live...)