Prev: Alarishi Ships Next: [OT?]Starmap foolishness...

Re: OT: Hard Sci-Fi Role Playing Games...

From: Donald Hosford <hosford.donald@a...>
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 1999 21:20:05 -0400
Subject: Re: OT: Hard Sci-Fi Role Playing Games...

Nyrath the nearly wise wrote:

> Michael Llaneza wrote:
> > and detail. I'm currently interested in a near stars campaign
> > (Starforce Alpha Centauri has a nice hexmap for this using this
system.

>	  It's a nice map, but not the only one.
>
>	  Games with accurate 3-D starmaps:
>
>	  Traveller 2300, GDW
>	  Bug Hunters, TSR
>	  The Company War, Mayfair games
>	  Explored Space, Nightshift Games
>	  FTL:2448, Tri Tac Systems
>	  Universe, SPI/TSR
>	  Web and Starship, West End Games
>
>	  ObPlug: of course there are a few
>	  free maps at my 3-D starmap site:
>	  http://www.clark.net/pub/nyrath/smap12.html

Add Star Trek RPG ( The first version from FASA.)

Oh, yes, the FTL2448 has a starmap module that is a map of all the stars
within 200 lightyears.

My friend has a copy of Universe, I always thought the map looked cool!

Didn't one of the Challange magazine issues (GDW?)  Had a traveller
subsector
of the Earth area.

Donald Hosford

(Say Nyrath?  there was that thing about...um...a map...ah...a...printer
freindly map?  Yes?  No hurry...8-D)

Prev: Alarishi Ships Next: [OT?]Starmap foolishness...