Prev: Re: Legal Stuff (was: [OFFICIAL] FALLOUT 4 (June 99)) Next: RE: Schoon's Simpler Sensors

RE: Schoon's Simpler Sensors

From: "Tim Jones" <Tim.Jones@S...>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 17:49:24 +0100
Subject: RE: Schoon's Simpler Sensors

>Sorry Tim,
>
>I even tried mailing that to myself and then copying and
>remailing to the
>list to avoid that. I'm not sure what else can be done. I
>never see it. I
>use Eudora for mail, and MS for word processing, and I've
>checked all the
>settings on Eudora that I know how :-(

Yep its tricky and it catches *us all out*. One tedious workaround
is to save the file as ASCII text from the word processor and then
import that file into the email client.

This text formatting stuff is sticky in MS environments
in that my outlook client wanted to reply in the same MIME encoding
as the original message and I had to start a new reply to stop it
and keep it in plain text.

enriched text doesn't seem to be all that bad as the netscape mail
client can read it OK. Did anyone just see a page of MIME crud?

-= tim jones =-

Prev: Re: Legal Stuff (was: [OFFICIAL] FALLOUT 4 (June 99)) Next: RE: Schoon's Simpler Sensors