Prev: RE: [?] Beam Reroll & Screens Next: RE: Schoon's Simpler Sensors

Re: Legal Stuff (was: [OFFICIAL] FALLOUT 4 (June 99))

From: Tony Francis <tony@g...>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 1999 17:44:04 +0100
Subject: Re: Legal Stuff (was: [OFFICIAL] FALLOUT 4 (June 99))

> Yes, but "similar" is not "the same", and bordering on
> infringement is just that, bordering. And there are no laws
> against that. At this time.

I think you'd have a tough time arguing that (for example) the GZG Star
Tiger
isn't a Starfury, or our 'Fighter with Hex Solar Panels' wasn't a TIE. I
must
admit I'm not an expert in copyright law so I don't know exactly where
the lines
can be drawn, but I  would guess that we're on pretty thin ice. Plus
Eidos, Lucas
etc would be able to line up a huge array of expensive lawyers, so we'd
never be
in a position to contest the issue anyway. Hopefully it'll never come to
that :-)

Tony

Prev: RE: [?] Beam Reroll & Screens Next: RE: Schoon's Simpler Sensors