Prev: Re: HKP's (was....] Next: Re: Ah, Stealth

Re: HKP's (was....]

From: Laserlight <laserlight@c...>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 22:02:26 -0400
Subject: Re: HKP's (was....]

>> >In other words, the HKP is the ultimate development of today's
>> >discarding sabot rod penetrators. Most modern tanks use them for
>> >anti-tank work; we make smaller ones for the Bofors 40mm guns, etc.
>> >They're not exactly experimental any longer - no more than any
>> >relatively new weapon is, that is :-/

Just in case anyone is interested, a government contractor in Virginia
is
working on (or was, the last time I tried to sell them something a few
months ago) AP sabot .50 cal rounds.  They were having a problem with
funding cycles when last I heard, but didn't see any serious technical
problems.

Prev: Re: HKP's (was....] Next: Re: Ah, Stealth