Prev: 2nd Annual FT Tourney at GenCon Next: RE: Kill the MIMEs

Re: Kill the MIMEs

From: Medains <medains@i...>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 15:16:07 +0100 (BST)
Subject: Re: Kill the MIMEs

On 02-Jun-99 djwj wrote:
> I think that all of us on the list would *really* appreciate it if
people
> stop sending MIME format messages.
>
> For Microsoft Outlook Express (A part of the Internet Explorer
package) go
> to: "Tools", "Options" and click on the divider marked "Send". The
first
> option is "Mail Sending Format". Set it to "Plain Text"
>
> If someone knows how to do this for Netscape please post it so we can
get
> rid of the excess baggage on this list.

Edit - Preferences - Mail & Groups - Messages
and uncheck the box marked 'By default, send rich text (HTML) messages'

Colin.. who remembers a day when web browsers that sent email weren't so
anal
by default.

---
E-Mail: Medains <medains@iname.com>

Prev: 2nd Annual FT Tourney at GenCon Next: RE: Kill the MIMEs