Prev: Re:[EFSB/B5W] Vorchan stand mounting Next: RE: Dirtside II eval (fwd)

RE: OGRE stuff

From: "John Jeffery Shoemark" <shoemark@a...>
Date: Sat, 29 May 1999 14:46:32 +1000
Subject: RE: OGRE stuff

 > ACTUALLY, those of us who have attended a few GenCons wonder about
Ogres
> > et al produced for SGII. ;->=
>
> The world's largest SGII game?  One day to play one turn?
>
> Could be fun.  (8-)
>
> (Actually, I remember somebody at GZG-ECC II talking about a
> 'rump' battalion
> level (!) action fought with SG II.  Tidbits about having to get
> a large room
> floor, several hours a turn, fought over two or three days. Does
anybody
> know what I'm talking about, or is the lack of sleep finally getting
> me..? (8-) )

Actually Mike Broadbent and I have been planning to play Dirtside in
SGII
scale for some time now. (that is, everything in 25mm). We are building
quite a huge infantry force between us and have lots of vehicles slowly
accumulating (OK most of them are kits from other SciFi stuff- the
legacy of
years of Anime related kit collecting).
We are planning to play in a local multifloor carpark where we know the
management ( and which has rarely used upper floors). Admiitedly we have
dreaming about this for several years but Mike's crazy enough to keep
pushing towards it. I guess I'd better keep painting. Local legend has
it
that I own the world's finest and largest unpainted figure collection!
If (or should I say when) we ever get this off the ground we will post
photos.

PLEASE if you are Australian DO NOT start hassling Mike and I to get
involved. This will make the event less likely to happen.

John Shoemark

Prev: Re:[EFSB/B5W] Vorchan stand mounting Next: RE: Dirtside II eval (fwd)