Prev: Re: 40K to SG2 Next: Re: Computer moderated PBeM for Full Thrust ideas

Re: Computer moderated PBeM for Full Thrust ideas

From: Jon Davis <davis@a...>
Date: Sat, 22 May 1999 08:27:54 -0400
Subject: Re: Computer moderated PBeM for Full Thrust ideas

Medains wrote:
> My original ideas were along the lines of the following (bearing in
mind that
> a, I haven't actually played much  b, I only have 2nd edition and  c,
I've been
> thinking more of ease of implementation than retaining the full
flexibility of
> the game) :
>
>   use the FT portable format for the ships, but add 'integral systems'
such as
> the standard fire controls, engines etc... to the system list.
>   number each system

There are some minor and major differences between the Full Thrust
and More Thrust rules of the second edition and the rules of the Fleet
Book.  A flexible implementation in software should be able to handle
the weapon and arc differences.  Fighter rules are vastly different,
however,
as is the new rules for point defense systems, area defense fire
controls,
and salvo missile rules.

Fire control programming is a good idea and it requires some
anticipation of
the enemy.  I use it for my on-line game for the Estrell battleship duel
and
it simplifies weapons fire.

Jon

Prev: Re: 40K to SG2 Next: Re: Computer moderated PBeM for Full Thrust ideas