Prev: Re: [FT] Building Ship Minis Next: Re: Stargrunt in the Big Room with the Blue and (sometimes) White Ceiling...

RE: [FT] Playing with Big Ship Models -Reply

From: CLL@L...
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 15:31:53 +0000
Subject: RE: [FT] Playing with Big Ship Models -Reply

>Just to make you guys and gals jealous I've played in a
>several games	like
>this and helped run a couple as well.

I remember this in Practical Wargamer - really cool looking, are these
events still run? IIRC they scratch built a big FASA style klingon D10
and
used all the
ERTL trek ships. The alien fleet was a Tizer (soda) bottle. The crew had
wear gloves and helmets if there was a hull breach. There were also
event
cards
(are these the same a James Clay's FF cards)

FT would scale well for these sorts of games as it doesn't use a hex
grid.
The FF games used squares taped on the school floor, hexes were too
tricky.
-= tim jones =-
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
You are correct , the coke bottle ship were our version of SFB's
Andromedans. They were a lot nastier than they look :-o.
Someone built a version of FASA's Rom Winged Defender, and weall
started or played in our own races after a while.
The B'Krath fleet was built from paper plates and lots of Hammerite
paint !
There were no event cards, there were however damage cards to replace
the SFB DAC (Damage Allocation Chart).

I still have a lot of the stuff as Jim Walman sold it off/gave it away a
few
years ago. Doing an FT version could be a lot of fun. Definetely a
project
for the summer.

Krass

Prev: Re: [FT] Building Ship Minis Next: Re: Stargrunt in the Big Room with the Blue and (sometimes) White Ceiling...