Prev: RE: DSII and SGII turn length (FT notes) Next: Re: [MISC] Omega Warrior

RE: [ft] CowleyCon '99

From: Thomas Anderson <thomas.anderson@u...>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 13:06:44 +0100 (BST)
Subject: RE: [ft] CowleyCon '99

On Mon, 10 May 1999, Tim Jones wrote:

> >orders are written specifying drive warmup. the ship continues on its
> >existing course that turn, and cannot use any offensive weapons. the
> >following turn, the orders specify jumping, and the ship moves half
its
> >existing course and then vanishes. now, what happens if, in the
firing
> >phase of the first turn, after warmup but before jump, the ship takes
> >threshold check and loses the ftl drive? this didn't actually
> >happen but is was close.
>
> I would say that you can't jump, or worse the ship fooms as the
> FTL goes critical after being hit with all that potential energy
> bottled up.

i thought something similar - maybe take a threshold check at the next
level, and if it fails, the drive blows; roll on the ftl misjump table,
as
if a ship had jumped in range of another. thus, any ships nearby might
get
walloped.

Tom

Prev: RE: DSII and SGII turn length (FT notes) Next: Re: [MISC] Omega Warrior