Prev: Re: [OT] Heavy Gear minis (was Re: Locating minis) Next: Re: [FT]United Nations?

Re: Locating minis

From: Fabet@a...
Date: Sun, 2 May 1999 10:57:11 EDT
Subject: Re: Locating minis

agoodall@interlog.com writes:

<< First to your comments about Gear Kreig: I didn't even know it was
out!
None
 of the stores that I frequent got it in. I was looking forward to this,
too.
 The amount of WWII stuff out there is HUGE in 20mm scale, so their
decision
 go to 10mm (a scale that isn't terribly popular in North America) was
weird.
 suspect that, like you, it killed the game.>>

It never did come out. Thats the problem. I was at Gencon in 97 when
they
were demoing it. The tables were constantly filled. Some there said they
were
getting historical gamers from down the hall. The fact that they went
with an
unsupported scale (until recently) is very typical of game companies
trying
to create a new market (G.W. and '28mm' for example.

 <<Basically, DP9 is one of those companies that created an interesting
game
but
 are genuinely clueless about marketing.

 I can't say much about RAFM. Every contact I've had with them has bee
great.
 love their Call of Cthulhu figures. I did have a big problem getting
Silent
 Death miniatures from them because of a dispute between them and a
local
 distributor. But Dream Pod 9 is totally clueless. If they show up at
GenCon
 this year (they were part of last year's boycott) I'll tell them what I
think
 of their game scales...

I also talked to RAFM at that Gencon. The person I talked to really had
a bad
attitude. No matter what Question I asked him he grumbled the exact same

answer. Since I've opened my store I've e-mailed them three times about
going
direct (since the fill from distributors is pretty dismal for all RAFM's

lines). I got a responds once that said the wold pass on the request to
higher. A few weeks later I got an out of date catalog. I called them
direct
almost a month ago and asked asked for a dealers packet. Still no
packet. If
you have a name of someone I can talk to, please let me know. I really
like
the RAFM figures and I want them here in Little Wars, but the
frustration
level is building.

Faron Betchley

Little Wars
11213K Lee Highway
Fairfax VA 22030
(703) 352-9222
(703) 352-9279<fax>

Prev: Re: [OT] Heavy Gear minis (was Re: Locating minis) Next: Re: [FT]United Nations?