Prev: Re: Sensor Range Question Next: Re: [FT] Sensor Range Question

Re: [FT] Sensor Range Question

From: "Tom McCarthy" <tmcarth@f...>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 09:10:07 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT] Sensor Range Question

Well off the top of my head, an active radar ping fade out is, relative
the range to the target, proportional to 1/r*r*r*r.  Passively listening
enemy pings is proportional to 1/r*r.  So passive should have the range
advantage, but the target has to be broadcasting/pinging.

I'd say the FT/MT sensor ranges better represent listening passively for
non-sensor emissions within 36" and then actively pinging obvious
targets
within 54"; ie. active and passive is apples and oranges.

Prev: Re: Sensor Range Question Next: Re: [FT] Sensor Range Question