Prev: Re: FH Machine People Next: Re: OT: Space combat/HOMEWORLD

Re: Impoverished Gamer Tip: Re: Jungle Trees

From: Donald Hosford <hosford.donald@a...>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 1999 04:05:45 -0400
Subject: Re: Impoverished Gamer Tip: Re: Jungle Trees

Mike Wikan wrote:

> I use an exacto, Matte board ($4 for a 3'x4' sheet) and Elmer's white
glue
> for all my bunkers. I have made bunkers, buildings, walls, ruins, etc.
One
> sheet will do LOTS of scenery. Spray it black, dry brush gray (Works
really
> well if you get "pebbly" textured matte board) I did an entire DSII
firebase
> with bunkers, walls, VTOL pads, command bunker in a few hours on one
> saturday...
>
> Michael Wikan
> Game Design
> Slave Zero
> Accolade, Inc.
> http://www.slavezero.com
> mwikan@accolade.com
> wikan@sprintmail.com
> "We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the
night to
> visit violence on those who would do us harm."-George Orwell

When I was buying the Galoob starwars figure sets, I kept the plastic
packaging.  When you take two of them, cut out the "bottom edge"  And
place a
wall or door section at the ends between them, it makes a dandy little
bunker or
building with sloped sides!

I got to paint mine yet...

Donald Hosford

Prev: Re: FH Machine People Next: Re: OT: Space combat/HOMEWORLD