Prev: Re: Impoverished Gamer Tip: Re: Jungle Trees Next: Re: Impoverished Gamer Tip: Re: Jungle Trees

Re: FH Machine People

From: Donald Hosford <hosford.donald@a...>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 1999 03:56:29 -0400
Subject: Re: FH Machine People

Laserlight wrote:

> In an effort to generate a solitaire opponent, I've come up with the
Machine
> People, who I have tentatively dubbed the Shen (from the Chinese
demons).
> Ships run by AI's.  Write a strategy program with random variations
and note
> which ones survive.

Come to think of it....I have seen a "robot guidance" rules in an old
issue of
the White Dwarf.
(I think it was shortly after they went entirely warhammer.)

It involved a large set of tiles.  Each tile said something different
like "move
full speed", "Attack", or arrows, or disision boxs.  All "programs"
started at
the upper left tile, and moved to the lower right.
So you could use the tiles to make up any program you wanted.  The only
problem
was if you had more than a few robots with differant programs.	You
would run
out of tiles...

> --Chris  DeBoe laserlight@cwix.com
> Opportunity knocks:
> Quixtar(sm) Pre-Launch Site: www.countdown9199.com

Donald Hosford

Prev: Re: Impoverished Gamer Tip: Re: Jungle Trees Next: Re: Impoverished Gamer Tip: Re: Jungle Trees