Prev: Re: Jungle Trees Next: Re: Impoverished Gamer Tip: Re: Jungle Trees

Impoverished Gamer Tip: Re: Jungle Trees

From: devans@u...
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 11:27:57 -0500
Subject: Impoverished Gamer Tip: Re: Jungle Trees

Being a strong proponent of bargain-bin diving, I'd like to suggest
that this be stretched beyond mere games shop BBD's to include
toy stores, where I recently found a Weapons and Warriors Pirate
set for $10, which gave me 4 boats/ships in two sizes for Sharpe's
Rifles/Hornblower scenarios which a lot of video has been causing
to seethe in brains in my area, a LOT of tiny cannons for whatever,
some maybe 25mm pirates for other play, AND a fair number of palm
trees that I think are close-to-comparable to GW's.

Don't you just love run-on sentences?

Anyway, bits and pieces from many toysets can be frightful useful.
Say you were looking at some plastic dinosaurs for use in some other
company's fantasy war game. You'd probably find rocks and foliage
that would work in a number of game situations.

Other possibilities that are exciting, but I haven't done too much with,
are craft stores and pet (aquarium, esp.) shops. Some plastic aquarium
plants can be cut to small pieces, and render enough small brush to
cover sections of a table from half a dozen or so 'plants'.

The things that are coming out in painted resin can be quite fetching.

And, craft stores and pet shops have bargain bins, too!

The_Beast

Prev: Re: Jungle Trees Next: Re: Impoverished Gamer Tip: Re: Jungle Trees