Prev: Jungle Trees Next: Re:FH Machine People

Re: Jungle Trees

From: Ndege Diamond <nezach@e...>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 21:27:14 -0700
Subject: Re: Jungle Trees

At 10:52 PM 4/22/99 -0500, you wrote:

>	After asking my local mini-gaming guru if there were any game
companies
>(besides GW) that make such trees.  He could think of none off hand,
but
>he had a great suggestion:  Use the plastic palm trees that bakers use
>to decorate cakes!  A quick skim through Jon Lovitiz's Yellow Pages
>helped me find several stores that stock in bakery supplies and sure
>enough, they have palm trees.	The running price for a three-pack of 6
>inch trees is only $1!  A six-pack with three inch trees will run me 75
>cents.  I'll be going over to these stores to see if they are worth the
>money.  I'll let you know if they are.

If you go to a pet store that has an aquarium section you can usually
find
a wide assortment of weird looking plastic plants.  I have used several
different kinds as jungle underbrush great effect.  It makes for a nice
variation from the ubiquitous flocked woodland trees and they are fairly
cheap.

And nothing says "I don't think we are in Kansas anymore Funk" than
having
your troops fighting through a forest of giant ferns and 20' high clover
(in 25mm scale of course).

Prev: Jungle Trees Next: Re:FH Machine People