Prev: Re: [SG] Ortillery Next: Re: [FT]USA in Full Thrust...

Re: [FT]USA in Full Thrust...

From: Brian Burger <burger00@c...>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 23:34:12 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [FT]USA in Full Thrust...

On Thu, 15 Apr 1999, Donald Hosford wrote:

> I have put my "American Time Line" on Thomas Anderson's  FTP site.
> Here is the URL:  http://members.xoom.com/gzg_l/usa/
> The file is called: USATL.ASC.   It is an ascii file.
>
> This file is my take on the United States.  (They secretly build
> starships, and leave the solar system in 2053.  They later return in
> 2188.)
> Any comments are welcome!

Well, it's interesting. A lot of work went into it, I'm sure. It's your
universe there, so you can do anything you like...

You lay out half a dozen options for the 'American'-NAC conflict after
the
'Americans' re-emerge from deepest space. I think you left out option
'C',
however:

'Americans' pop their fifty ships out of Jump, and begin to make
outrageous demands of the NAC. NAC Battlegroups deploy with NSL and UN
support, and order the 'Americans' to act civilized. Failing that, they
get trashed. Fast scout squadrons fan out, from many powers, all
concerned
about these unbalanced, unknown humans.

The NAC has several billion people, by the most conservative rekoning of
listmembers. Naval lists have been estimated at 2000+ ships by some
listmembers. It's going to take more than a deepspace colony with a bad
attitude to do in the NAC.

Most likely, is that some sort of alliance is worked out, if the
'Americans' can be made to see reason. Trash the Kra'vak, then sort out
human-vs-human problems...

One good thing about a group as isolated as these 'American's : really
different naval design philosophy! Isolated from the whole mainstream
for
ages - a good excuse to try out some _really_ different designs, in
quantities!

Brian (burger00@camosun.bc.ca)			-DS2/SG2/FR!/HOTT-
      - http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Nebula/9774/games.html -
-SciFi & Fantasy Wargaming House Rules, Photos, GWAutobasher, & more-

Prev: Re: [SG] Ortillery Next: Re: [FT]USA in Full Thrust...