Prev: Star Frontiers Next: Re: [FT] Japanese... and OU

Re: [FT] Japanese... and OU

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 11:16:35 +1000
Subject: Re: [FT] Japanese... and OU

G'day guys,

>there's no such registration on my list of powers, and i don't recall
>anyone popping up and claiming them. however, there may be unofficial
>unofficial efforts. the japanese would certainly be a good addition to
the
>set.

Thanks. Sounds like he may have something else to add to the list of
things
to do. Currently he's working on the ship designs for his version of the
OU
- he's got 2 CL, 2 CH, 3 DD minis painted and based and is waiting for
the
CVL (when ever it comes) with eager anticipation. Brief description of
ships so far:
BB (or BDN depending on who's reference book you've read) - biggest he
thinks the OU will get (main striking arm in his mind are carriers, but
its
the BB's job to make sure no body gets too close to them)
CVH - little more than launching platforms for its 8 fighter groups (at
160
mass they're a strong believer in distance as the best defence)
CH and CL - make extensive use of MT missiles
DD - use beams and extended range SMR

As you may have guessed he's optimised his version of the OU to fight at
12-24" with the carriers sitting WAY WAY back. His cruisers and above
have
screens and all the ships make extensive use of PDS and ADFC (if you're
fighter, hitting these guys is like running full sprint into a gill
net!).

Cheers

Beth

P.S. I have dropped Lonnie a line.

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax (03) 6232 5199 International +61 3 6232 5199

email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au

Prev: Star Frontiers Next: Re: [FT] Japanese... and OU