Prev: Re: [SG2]: GSM/P Question Next: Re: OT: "Aluminum" Paint Jobs.

Re: [SG2]: GSM/P Question

From: Brian Burger <burger00@c...>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 1999 19:54:06 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [SG2]: GSM/P Question

On Fri, 2 Apr 1999, Keith Jones wrote:

> Played first game of SG2 and enjoyed it but we had a situation where a

> GMS/P was fired at a unit.
> Followed the rules on page 40 for GMS die rolls and got a 'fully
> effective' result. However the rules say that the number of potential
> hits are determined by dividing the total firer dice by the range dice
> - GMS's don't have a range dice! How do I determine the number of
hits?

Short answer: You don't.

Long answer: GMS are not anti-personnel weapons. They can engage point
targets (vehicles, bunkers, etc) but not squads. When firing GMS at
vehicles or other point targets, roll GMS system & firer quality (two
die) VS target's ECM, instead of the usual range die procedure. See the
SG2 Quick Ref card under "Fire Combat" for details on resolving hits.

IAVRs can be fired as oneshot anti-personnel weapons; just add one d10
your normal handful of firing die. GMSs, however, do not have an
anti-personnel mode.

Hope this helps,

Brian (burger00@camosun.bc.ca)			-DS2/SG2/FR!/HOTT-
      - http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Nebula/9774/games.html -
-SciFi & Fantasy Wargaming House Rules, Photos, GWAutobasher, & more-

Prev: Re: [SG2]: GSM/P Question Next: Re: OT: "Aluminum" Paint Jobs.