Prev: [Ridiculously OT] Re: Buck Rogers Next: Re: OT: "Aluminum" Paint Jobs.

Re: [OT] "Aluminum" Paint Jobs.

From: "djwj" <djwj@e...>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 1999 09:09:15 -0700
Subject: Re: [OT] "Aluminum" Paint Jobs.

Try this, it works for me.

(1) primer white

(2) basecoat mythril silver (or other VERY shiny metallic)

(3) a very diluted black wash, just enough to fill the cracks.

(4) use a large dry brush (not with pigment just a plain brush), I use a
5/8ths, and blot the excess from step (3). You could use a sponge or
paper
towel but I have found that I get better control using a brush, and I
don't
accidentally blot the wash in the cracks.

(5) a light drybrush of a color to your choosing. If you have two silver
tones use the darker as the basecoat, the lighter as a drybrush.

(6) spray with a "Normal" finish instead of a "Matte" (I have had good
results with Krylon's UV protecting selant). This will give your
aircraft a
smoother and more polished look.

Hope this works for you.

Prev: [Ridiculously OT] Re: Buck Rogers Next: Re: OT: "Aluminum" Paint Jobs.