Prev: Re: OT: OK, here's what happened.... Next: Re: Ship minis.... from old movies and TV

Re: OT: New Stephenson book soon

From: db-ft@w... (David Brewer)
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 22:21:02 GMT
Subject: Re: OT: New Stephenson book soon

In message <498BD7245EEFD111BEF800805F9F41BC058B986B@LCH-MSG-01> Nathan
Pettigrew writes:
> While The Diamond Age didn't do much for me, Snow Crash was excellent.

I liked Diamond Age, but it didn't feel like it was properly
finished. I recommend Zodiac, highly.

> >From Amazon:
> "Neal Stephenson's giant Cryptonomicon hits the shelves on May 4.
Start
> sharpening your brain for this big, juicy novel of cryptography,
undersea
> telecom cables, war, hacking, and down-and-dirty human nature with a
> narrative that zooms from present-day Asia to 1940s Europe and back
again.
> Pre-order your copy now for delivery as soon as it's published. "

I guess "1940's Europe" fits in with all the entry-level-computer-
science-for-six-year-olds from DA. Turing machines, etc.

--
David Brewer

Prev: Re: OT: OK, here's what happened.... Next: Re: Ship minis.... from old movies and TV