Prev: RE: [FT] Paint Schemes Next: Re: Dirtside II FMA Enhancement.

Re: [FH] Dollars to Credits

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 19:22:21 +0100
Subject: Re: [FH] Dollars to Credits

Don Greenfield wrote:

> I wasn't objecting so much to the GNP/new equipment cost/maintanence
> info (which, BTW, I found very useful, thanks) but the following
para:

> >So to put it in the simplified form you asked for, 1 million
population
> >usually results in about 1300 MCr (130 points) of ships and 1 line
> >battalion with support units.
>
> If you go with the Israeli model, 1 Mpop will provide *much* more
than
> only one battalion.

Yup. Not very well equipped - most would be line infantry - but a *lot*
more. As an example, the Swedish army about 10 years ago was supposed
to field approx. half a million men when fully mobilised; Sweden's
population at the time was roughly 8.5 million. Now we've reduced the
army to virtually nothing, but IIRC the Finnish army still has a fully
mobilised strength of several hundred thousand (out of a population of
4-5 million - again IIRC; 'twas over ten years I last saw reliable
figures on Finland's population).

...'course, if your battalions have about 60,000 men each (including
supporting troops) it works out to one battalion per Mpop ;-)

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: RE: [FT] Paint Schemes Next: Re: Dirtside II FMA Enhancement.