Prev: Re: [FT] Playtest of Fulton's MT Missile rules proposal Next: Kinetic Energy Missile--New weapon for DSII

Re: [OT] Appleseed & Landmates which is On Topic

From: "Mark A. Siefert" <cthulhu@c...>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 23:23:52 -0600
Subject: Re: [OT] Appleseed & Landmates which is On Topic

Magnus Alexandersson wrote:

> As long as we're on the subject here. The new, DP9 Gears, how big are
> they? Any1 got a clue?

	A little over an inch tall.  (In real life, a gear would be
around
12-15 feet in height).

> As big as the old 15-20 or bigger?

	Smaller, the old RAFMM gears were around 3-4 inches tall.

> Is the Heavy Gear tabletop game good?

	Excellent!

> Fast? And compared to Battletech? (...which I just have watched, but
> there were alot of dicerolling and paperkeeping...; )

	Very fast!  If you want to get an idea of HG's mechanics, DP9
has a
downloadedable demo of the tactical game on thier WWW site:

	http://www.dp9.com/Funhouse/PDFS/hg_demo.pdf

--
Later,
Mark A. Siefert

	"There are just two rules of governance in a free society:
	Mind your own business. Keep your hands to yourself."

	"Bill, keep your hands to yourself. Hillary, mind your own
	 business."

						    --P.J. O'Rourke,
					      "The Liberty Manefesto"

E-MAIL: cthulhu@csd.uwm.edu		WWW: http://www.uwm.edu/~cthulhu
=

Prev: Re: [FT] Playtest of Fulton's MT Missile rules proposal Next: Kinetic Energy Missile--New weapon for DSII