Prev: Re: [FT] Basing Fighters Next: Savasku (Was space cows))

Re: [FT] Basing Fighters

From: Don Greenfield <gryphon@a...>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 1999 19:44:34 -0700
Subject: Re: [FT] Basing Fighters

At 08:56 PM 3/9/99 -0500, you wrote:

>Ground Zero Games wrote:
>>
>> >I always like the GDW idea of putting black-painted ping-pong balls
on
stands
>> >for use as unidentified "bogies" Does anyone out there use these for
FT
etc.

>> We suggested (and illustrated) this idea in FT (and yes, freely admit
that
>> it WAS inspired by the similar use in GDW games).
>
>	The GDW people also used golf tees for the stands.
>	This was an effort to minimize the cost.

Heh, the first time we played FT the golf tee's were the ships. Whole
tee's
for the capitols, tee's less the flared section were cruisers, and the
pointy end plus about 1/2 of shaft were escorts. All based on GW flight
stands. A fun game, and the tee's made great ships, the lack of detail
gave
a sense of massiveness, and they were cheap!

Don

Prev: Re: [FT] Basing Fighters Next: Savasku (Was space cows))