Prev: StarCraft-esqe Minis. Next: Re: Weird ship (was:Re: Ship Control Cards)

Re: [OFFICIAL][DS2] FMA Enhancement for DS2

From: "Charles/Doc" <douglase@o...>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 02:50:42 -0600
Subject: Re: [OFFICIAL][DS2] FMA Enhancement for DS2

>Strictly as an optional consideration it should be possible to keep the
>"Boom", "Firer Systems Down", etc. results in.  Add percentile dice to
the
>attackers penetration roll.  If they come up 00 a "Boom" result occurs
(add
>in the other results as desired).  I realize this means adding more
dice in
>but it shouldn't be too difficult as it's simply reading the dice
against a
>very short table of result and the additional dice rolled are thrown at
the
>same time as the penetration die is thrown.  There's no need to have
the
>defender roll any addition dice as there is no defensive system to
counter
>act the "special" results.  Anyone who wants to dispense with these
>"specials" can do so without altering the  steps of resolution to
>penetration and just for officialness sake we make this an optional
rule.
>Now, if you don't mind I think I'll take cover against the incoming
fire.

Or just say if both dice turn up "1" it counts as a special result.  No
extra dice.  Only thing is that low power weapons give a better chance
of
getting special results than the mre powerful ones.  Good reason for
taking
the HEL I suppose.

						That Chuk Guy

Prev: StarCraft-esqe Minis. Next: Re: Weird ship (was:Re: Ship Control Cards)