Prev: Re: [HIST] IAS Population Next: Re: [FT] Houserules for bringing MT missiles into FB

OT: "Plasma Cannons of Gor"

From: Phillip Atcliffe <Phillip.Atcliffe@u...>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 10:11:21 -0500 (EST)
Subject: OT: "Plasma Cannons of Gor"

My 15-year-old son reads a lot -- especially SF -- and he's a gamer
(gee, big surprise! <g>) who, while he doesn't have as big an FT fleet
as I do, has much more in the way of SG and DS stuff (in fact, there's
something of an arms race going on between him and his brother at
the moment... but I digress). He also has quite a creative streak and
some experience in drama writing.

With that in mind, I suppose what came out of his first exposure to
John Norman's works (_not_ by me!) was inevitable -- and also, IMO,
very funny. The story in question (with the attention-grabbing title
shown in the subject line <g>) is about 52K long, so I won't put it up
here, lest I incur the wrath of our (e)steemed list-owner and those who
have to pay for their e-mail, but anyone who would like a copy should
e-mail me (PRIVATELY!!) and I'll send it on. Do let me know if you
can't take attachments.

Of course, if I now proceed to get several dozen requests, I may _have_
to put it up and take the flak.... <g>

Phil
 Gravity is a Downer... So let's go flying!
   -- so sayeth Phil Atcliffe (Phillip.Atcliffe@uwe.ac.uk)

Prev: Re: [HIST] IAS Population Next: Re: [FT] Houserules for bringing MT missiles into FB