Prev: Re: FW: More - you know you are a wargamer when.... Next: Re: GZG-encyclopedia?

Re: [HIST] Population question.

From: "Thomas Barclay" <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 13:31:09 -0500
Subject: Re: [HIST] Population question.

Beth spake thusly upon matters weighty:

Well, I have (in my mind) thought of doubling periods between 40 and
60 years from whatever initial pop, and the longer period being
chosen if there was a lot of natality or loss due to tough conditions
or disease. So, to my mind, take the initial pop, and (in the simple
answer where you don't account for net migration and net pop increase
and things like war etc), just figure how many years it has been
around, and with a doubling period of x (35-60 years... probably in
the 50 year range), you'll get some good idea of the probable pop in
2183/5....

Just a thought. Gives a good Ballpark #.

----

----
> Elizabeth Fulton
> c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
> GPO Box 1538
> HOBART
> TASMANIA 7001
> AUSTRALIA
> Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
> Fax (03) 6232 5199 International +61 3 6232 5199
>
> email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au

Thomas Barclay
Voice: (613) 831-2018 x 4009
Fax: (613) 831-8255

 -Bjarne Stroustrup

Prev: Re: FW: More - you know you are a wargamer when.... Next: Re: GZG-encyclopedia?