Prev: Re: Sa'Vasku painting was: (RE: [FT] More Thrust Cover) Next: RE: Sa'Vasku painting was: (RE: [FT] More Thrust Cover)

RE: [semi-OT] News on Jon White, ex-list admin.

From: "Jonathan White" <zzalsjfw@f...>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 10:00:12 BST
Subject: RE: [semi-OT] News on Jon White, ex-list admin.

On 26 Feb 99, at 16:22, Rick Rutherford wrote:
> ... "taking the mickey"?
> I assume you're not talking about Disney's mouse.
Um no. I guess this ties into the language thread yeh? :). In the UK
'Taking
the mickey' is a phrase for ribbing or joking at someone's expense. The
less
polite version is Taking somthing else.

			TTFN
				Jon
"Did you have a good world when you died? Good enough to base a movie
on?"
    - The Doors
Jonathan White, COS group, Manchester University