Prev: GZG-ECC Too Much Fun? Next: Re: [FT] More Thrust Cover

[Con-Quotes] GZG-ECC II Quote Board Entries

From: "What do you mean 'Vorchans aren't atmosphere-capable'?" <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 20:15:39 -0500 (EST)
Subject: [Con-Quotes] GZG-ECC II Quote Board Entries

			The GZG-ECC II Quote Board!

   Below you will find a number of quotes that were overheard during the
   course of the events/game sessions at this year's GZG-East Coast
   Convention. The game/event/situation the quote is attributed to will
   follow the quote in parentheses. Sometimes the person(s) quoted will
   be noted.

   These are meant as entertainment for those of you who could not
attend
   the GZG-ECC this year, and to stimulate fond(?), fun memories of
games
   for those who were able to come.

   Enjoy!

   Friday:

   "We are strong as bull, think like tractor." (Kr'rt during the FT -
   Kra'Vak scenario)

   (there were a number of other notable quotes that were said
throughout
   the evening, but the idea to actually collect them did not occur
until
   the friday evening gaming sessions were complete; alas...)

   Saturday: "Oh, they're going that way..." (unknown; maybe
   SGII/Aliens?)

   "I didn't even get to shoot. I just ran and died." (SGII; E Kochte)

   "It's about 80 pts. A nice round number." (Tom McCarthy referring to
   the 5 Salvo Missile 'pods' that blossomed all over an ESU destroyer
in
   the 'Bad Blood' FT game)

   "And now you get to run 4 inches!" (SGII; KR explaining how far
   someone got to move their troops after a poor charge roll)

   "Sir, he had McDonalds for lunch." (SGII)

   "They come out at night, mostly...it's getting dark." (SGII/Aliens)

   "[The battlecruiser] only took 75? The destroyer took 80!" ('Bad
   Blood' FT game)

   "I made it across the river - and nobody shot at me!" (SGII; E
Kochte)

   "This is the turn I break formation." (Tom McCarthy says as he chases
   down scattered ESU forces in the 'Bad Blood' FT game)

   Player: "Has this been tested on Aliens yet?"
   Stuart Murray/Ref: "You're doing it now." (SGII/Aliens)

   "And I've got to assemble something so I don't look so cheesy - no
   comments!" (J Han, in preparation for the 'Bring Your Own Fleet' FT
   game)

   "OHH YEAH!! ROWWRRR!! ROWRR!! ROWRRR!!!" (our own sedate Jon Davis
   displaying a subdued reaction to his squad doing 'something bad' to
an
   alien or aliens in the SGII/Aliens scenario)

   "The Company video didn't say they were THAT big!" (SGII/Aliens)

   "It's not a withdrawl. It's a Run Away!" (SGII/Aliens)

   "Yeah, but you don't understand: I haven't lost yet." (J Atkinson
   during a pre-'Bring Your Own Fleet' FT game discussion)

   Stuart Murray/Ref: "You have a severe psychological problem...you
have
   to hunt his Marine down. And you [the Marine] have to survive."
   Jon Davis/Player: "And you only have 20 minutes." (SGII/Aliens)

   "Get back in the building, you wuss!" (SGII/Aliens; Stuart Murray)

   "Narns can ram Centauris on a 4 or better!!" (followed by a jubilant
   dance by a Narn player at the start of an EFSB game)

   Narn player 1: "'Swifthair'?"
   Narn player 2: "Don't ask. It's a Centauri thing." (EFSB)

   "Ehhh, I have a couple surprises up my sleeve." (J Han in response to
   a question of why he hadn't fired yet during the 'Bring Your Own
   Fleet' FT game)

   "Gang-bang the back Omega!!" (EFSB)

   "You who are about to die, smile!" <click!> (EFSB, as picture is
taken)

   "You know, I really like that effect when you shoot at a Tuffley and
   it goes away." (J Atkinson as he readied his fleet to pop yet another
   of Indy's Tuffley-class heavy destroyers during the 'Bring Your Own
   Fleet' FT game)

   "They're puking fighters, sir!" (EFSB)

   "That's okay, you hit. I don't want a shot of you hitting." (A Teske
   to Indy as Indy fired p-torps during the 'Bring Your Own Fleet' FT
   game)

   Aaron N/Ref: "Do you know how to do Threshold Checks?"
   Bryan: "No."
   JD: "You're about to learn!" (EFSB)

   "Only one or two ships are going to be able to fire at the
   'Theuerdank' but not all of them...actually I was trying to get the
   fuck out of the way." (A Teske to Indy as his Thunderbolt-class
   cruisers ended up at point-blank-range on the flanks of Indy's
   'Theuerdank' ship in the 'Bring Your Own Fleet' FT game)

   "WHAT'S THE VELOCITY OF THE 'PRIMUS'?" (asked and shouted 20+ times
   during the EFSB game)

   "Are we using this Mickey Mouse stuff in the corner?" (referring to
   the Core Systems during an FT game (Solar Thrust?))

   "You're starting to roll like me." (FT/Solar Thrust)

   "What do you mean 'Vorchans aren't atmosphere-capable'?" (EFSB)

   Erik Kochte: "I liked the Babylon 5 game. I really liked--"
   Mark Lawrence: "Decimating my ships? More like vaporizing, I mean."
   (post-EFSB game discussion)

   A: "Martian Captain, state your intentions."
   T: "I haven't fired at you yet!"
   J: "Is that any guarantee?" (FT/Solar Thrust)

   KR: "Leave me, I'll be all right."
   Nick Caldwell: "Famous last words." (SGII)

   "Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy. You people are insane! Damned humans." (I
   have no idea where that came from)

   "They killed the leader again..." (SGII; KR)

   "Don't shoot them, melee combat is better." (2 wounded and 2 dead and
   they ran away with 1 wounded in an SGII game KR was running)

   Sunday:

   "Hyperions always ride in single file to hide their numbers" (an
   observer commenting during the EFSB 'Severed Dreams' scenario)

   "Sorry." (before grabbing 30 dice during the EFSB 'Severed Dreams'
game)

   Stuart Murray: "But it would cause a better chance for a 'wound' on
him!"
   Tom McCarthy: "Yep."
   KR: "Whine all you want, Space Marine!!" (SGII Meets WH40K game)

   "There are significantly less Hyperions than when I last checked."
   (earlier observer coming back to the EFSB 'Severed Dreams' scenario)

   "I thought he was going to be your leader. [points to another figure]
   It makes sense, doesn't it? They don't pick them for brains!" (Tom
   McCarthy/Ref to Stuart Murray/Space Marine Boy while Stuart chooses a
   new squad leader in the SGII Meets WH40K game)

   "We keep calling for artillery but it doesn't come...we can't even
   call out for pizza." (defenders Mike Sarno and Nick Caldwell trying
   come to terms with their die rolls during the massive DSII game)

   "Jon's die rolls are inversely proportional to the size of the die."
   (KR's comment about Jon Davis' die rolling during the SGII Meets
WH40K
   game - this self-fulfills when Jon rolls high with a d4 moments
later)

   "Oh, God, I've got to complete this sale - Jon's rolling dice!" (KR
   looking up at the SGII game from his vendor table during the SG Meets
   WH40K game)

   "Hey, I'm moving your vehicles there, Pat. I'll try not to get them
   vaporized." (offensive teammember Andrew Presby to comrade Pat during
   the massive DSII invasion game)

   "I truly suck at shooting." (Stuart Murray after he misses again;
SGII
   Meets WH40K)

   "I killed the leader...he stood back up!" (SGII Meets WH40K)

   "That one's a bad die. It comes up ones." (overheard at the massive
   DSII invasion game while someone switched dice)

   Tom McCarthy/Ref: "I suspect that would not be the most tactical
move,
   but it would be entertainment."
   Stuart Murray/Space Marine: "Entertainment is what I want." (SGII
   Meets WH40K)

   "Come on, let me reroll. For entertainment." (as Stuart rolls yet
   another '1' during the SGII Meets WH40K game)

   "No the Hyperions aren't a problem - we just blew up B5!" (Hyperion
   captain after taking a small shot at B5 and watching B5 blow ALL it's
   catastrophic failure rolls during the EFSB 'Severed Dreams' game)

   "I encourage people to put some thought into their artiller [fire]."
   (J Atkinson/Ref to the players during the DSII game)

   "You've got two choices. Tie her to a chair, or..." (randomly
   overheard from a post-con wrap up conversation)

   Well, there you go, boys and girls! Hope you found them entertaining.
   And for the participants of GZG-ECC II, I hope this brought back fun
   memories of some games.

   Mk/Indy
   2/28/99

Prev: GZG-ECC Too Much Fun? Next: Re: [FT] More Thrust Cover