Prev: Re: Albany NY? Next: WSGS Tournament

Re: Albany NY?

From: "Mark A. Siefert" <cthulhu@c...>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 19:19:15 -0600
Subject: Re: Albany NY?

Dean Gundberg wrote:

Battlefleet
> Gothic discussion on rec.games.miniatures.warhammer, someone said they
would
> play BG because that is what the stores carried in Albany where he was
from.
> They don't stock Silent Death or FT so no one plays them, though he
does own
> FT and MT.

	Originally someone had suggested that Silent Death would be a
good
alternative to BFG.  Seeing that this was a fighter game more than a
Capital ship game, I suggested FT.  This is respone I got back:

Reality check:

Here in Albany, NY, NO one stocks Full Thrust.	NO one stocks Silent
Death.
EVERYONE will stock Battle Fleet Gothic.  The majority of players do NOT
read
the rec.games.miniatures.* newsgroups, nor go out of their way to find
the
lesser known games.

I own Silent Death (original 1st ed - never bought into the 2nd ed
because, as
far as I'm concerned, the 2nd ed. killed my first ed. ship models, of
which I
have about 50 painted).  I own Full Thrust and More Thrust.  Unless it's
*really bad* game, I will most likely be playing BFG while the other
games
gather dust.

	I don't know exactly what his point was.  However, he seems to
indicate
that since no one in his neighborhood plays FT, my suggested to use it
as a BFG atlernative is invalid.

Huh???

--
Later,
Mark A. Siefert

	"You know, I have one simple request, and that is to have sharks

with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads."

					--Dr. Evil
					"Austin Powers"

E-MAIL: cthulhu@csd.uwm.edu		WWW: http://www.uwm.edu/~cthulhu
=

Prev: Re: Albany NY? Next: WSGS Tournament