Prev: RE: Ogres for Re: [DSII] Genre Next: Vulnerability of Ogres was: [DSII] Genre

Re: Byzantine humor (or: Battle of the Johns)

From: Chen-Song Qin <cqin@e...>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 14:15:41 -0700 (MST)
Subject: Re: Byzantine humor (or: Battle of the Johns)

On Sat, 20 Feb 1999, John M. Atkinson wrote:

> Hey, I think of myself as a Domestic of the Scholae, a simple soldier
> and not much given to rhetorical flourishes.	Were I one of the City
> aristocracy, undoubtedly I elucidate on this point at great length,
with
> four obscure literary allusions, three puns, an allegory, and end it
all
> with a pithy aphorism.
>
> But I'm not.[1]
> John M. Atkinson
> [1]Five points for anyone who explains why this post is terrifically
> funny.  Laserlight, you'd disqualified on the grounds that it would be
> way too easy.

Um... mainly because the post is not funny? :)
On the other hand, you're probably refering to "Lest Darkness Fall",
right?

-----

Even the engineers are not *this* depraved.  This must be the work of
the
Med. students.

						- A friend of mine

-----

Prev: RE: Ogres for Re: [DSII] Genre Next: Vulnerability of Ogres was: [DSII] Genre