Prev: Re: [FT][FH]Sumani Incident (or: Battle of the Johns) Next: RE: Ogres for Re: [DSII] Genre

Re: [OT-LIST] Unsupported character sets

From: Thomas Anderson <thomas.anderson@u...>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 19:04:42 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: Re: [OT-LIST] Unsupported character sets

On Sat, 20 Feb 1999, Los wrote:

> Be advised the only thing I do to get the umlaut in the email is cut
and post
> that particular letter into my email, other than that it's no
diffeernt than
> any other eamil.

understood. this is all quite interesting (for the technical pedant such
as myself, anyway). i had an email broken by a degree sign (coming from
somewhat broken lotus notes), but never by an umlaut.

i have, however, noticed attachments containing duplicate messages.

> It's not like I'm doing HTML.

i don't think anyone on this list does. although schoon has posted in
"text/enriched" once or twice, which is pretty exotic - that's a
formatted-text format that was defined years ago and obsoleted by HTML
version one. i'm at a loss to explain it's presence in a modern-day
email.

Tom

Prev: Re: [FT][FH]Sumani Incident (or: Battle of the Johns) Next: RE: Ogres for Re: [DSII] Genre