Prev: Re: [DSII] Genre Next: [SGII] Buildings

Re: [DSII] Genre

From: Brian Burger <burger00@c...>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 17:39:37 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [DSII] Genre

On Sat, 20 Feb 1999, John M. Atkinson wrote:

> I recently purchased two (!) Ogres, already have a Scotia Rolling
> Thunder, and I also got two big grav tanks, so I've been thinking
about
> an Imperial Dinochrome Turma.  :)

Very cool. A friend has a batch of Ogres (I think 3 MkV, 1 MkIII, one or
two Fencers) which we've run in DS2 in the past.

Be warned that DS2 is not kind to supertanks - an Ogre is dangerous, but
it's also a damned big target. Literally almost impossible to miss, so
you
just whale away at the damn thing until you get the right handful of RED
chits or a BOOM. Or get MDCs or DFFGs into their Close range band. The
Ogre might be killing three or four of your vehicles per turn, but your
battalion is throwing so much firepower downrange at the Ogre that it IS
going to die. We ran an armour battalion vs one MkV w/ a light
mechanized
company in support, and the Ogre's side was wiped out...

Rules adjustments are needed to accomadate Ogres in DS2...

Our MkV stats (roughly): 2x MDC/5 (tu) Main Battery. 4x MDC/2 Secondary
Battery. 16 APSWs. 6 tubes of Heavy Artillery. 2x GMS/H. 4 Firecons.
Main
Hull Size 7, Armour 8. Aft Hull Size 6, Armour 7. 4x Tread Modules, ea.
Size 4, Armour 5. (I think this is right. It's been a couple months or
more since we did the DS2 Ogre games, and this is purely off the top of
my
head.)

Our MkIII stats had the same Main Battery, lost most of the Arty and
GMS/H
and Secondary Battery. Can't recall anything more about it.

they died...they died hard, but they did die. I have a Company of
SuperHeavy Battle Tanks that're just MADE to hunt Ogres...

We never did give our Ogres Nukes in their artillery. Should have,
probably. Would've made them much, much more deadly...

Brian (burger00@camosun.bc.ca)
-- http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Nebula/9774/games.html
--DS2/SG2/misc--

Prev: Re: [DSII] Genre Next: [SGII] Buildings