Prev: Re: Fighters for FT (Con't) Next: Re: [DS II] Flamethrowers

[FT][FH]Sumani Incident (or: Battle of the Johns)

From: Laserlight <laserlight@c...>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 17:53:30 -0500
Subject: [FT][FH]Sumani Incident (or: Battle of the Johns)

Leary:
>> > 7) 2173 - SUMANI IV incident - NAC and ESU reps killed by IF
>> >	       suggest a system in/near the IF area

Atkinson :
>> Crap.
( a Byzantine diplomatic expression, meaning "I should point out another
possibility, which you may or may  have considered yet")

>>  Was terrorist incident who's perpetrators were never identified,
>> which suggests a 'neutral' system between the two, and far away from
>> obvious suspects (like IF).	This sounded to me like a bomb under the
>> table, not a space cruiser with beams flashing.

Leary:
>     The failure to identify the IF attackers only applies to the
>NAC and ESU.	The players know it was the IF.

The players also know how to build a Sa'Vasku cruiser, so I wouldn't
lend
too much weight to this argument.

>     The success in hiding the identity of the attackers infers the
>investigation was in an area controlled by the IF and therefore the
>authorities were not able to determine the identity of the attackers,
>because they already were aware of the identity of the attackers.
>Is it not easier to hide the person resposible for the crime if the
>responsible person is doing the invertigation of the crime?

  If the US & Russia held a diplomatic conference in Iran--sounds pretty
improbable already--and a terrorist attack took place, don't you suppose
it
might occur to someone that those terrorists just possibly might have
been
Muslim fanatics instead of representatives of the other side?
  The way I'd write it would be a biological attack which affected the
target's brain.   "Ha!" thinks the investigator, peering into his
microscope, "it seems to have mutated--or those idiots from the other
side
just miscalculated.  Instead of being harmless to them and making our
guys
more susceptible to suggestion, it got past their immunizations and
killed
everyone.  What a low down dirty trick--and against  diplomats, no
less!"
  The fact that no one loves the IF doesn't mean they can't be subtle.

Prev: Re: Fighters for FT (Con't) Next: Re: [DS II] Flamethrowers