Prev: Re: [FT] Gunboats - points cost?? Next: Re: [ADMIN] List mods

Re: [FT] Gunboats - points cost??

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <schoon@a...>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 11:57:55 -0800
Subject: Re: [FT] Gunboats - points cost??

>Possibly.  However, doing so makes a gunboat group less efficient in
>anti-shipping attacks than an equivalent fighter group.  3 gunboats = 6
dice
>beam attacks, 6 fighters = 6 dice beam attacks, with PDS having more
effect
>against the gunboat group than the fighters, since each PDS hit kills 2
dice
>worth of attacks against the gunboats.
>
>Also, the K'rathri count in octal . . . <g>

Remember the torpedo attacks make these quite different from fighters.
The
beam weapons don't tell the entire story.

>I had it at 18 to start, then reduced it to 16 after mentally SWAG'ing
the
>effectiveness.  Hey, that octal counting thing shows up again.
[ducking]

Ahem.

>Hmmm - I thought it *was* simple :).  Fighters/PDS/Class 1 all hit
gunboats on
>a roll of 5 or 6 (5=1 kill, 6=2 kills+RR).  It's the same mechanism
used by
>the Heavy Fighters, but allows more hits from Class 1 PDS fire.

OK, then just delete the bit about more effective Class 1s and make them
just like heavy fighters for resolution.

It'll be interesting to see if they balance.

Schoon

Prev: Re: [FT] Gunboats - points cost?? Next: Re: [ADMIN] List mods