Prev: [FT] Gunboats - points cost?? Next: Re: Figs for DSII and SGII

Re: Figs for DSII and SGII

From: devans@u...
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 06:11:21 -0600
Subject: Re: Figs for DSII and SGII

I believe somewhere in	this thread someone mentioned wanting
terminator-style
figs. Just wondered if either GW's necrons and RAFM's Rifts
Skelbots(sp?)?
Depends if you want towering behemoths or near-normal 25mm size blokes.
;->=

Samuel Reynolds also mentioned:
***
I think Attactix (Aurora, CO) had some Elites in the clearance
bin. I don't have their email address, but I think at least
one of them frequents rec.games.miniatures.misc; you could
probably contact them there and get them to check.
***

Don't have an address for Bill or Doug, who've taken over running the
shop, but
I think Tom Dye would help anyone. Least, he'd give a try.
DYE4MINIS@aol.com
Please say The_Beast sent you.

This is the fellow that sent me the first batch of Minifig spaceships. I
sent a
quick scan to Thomas Granvold just before the con with a promise to get
some
better piccies. Unfortunately, I ran straight in to a nasty bug, perhaps
at the
con, and am now bundled up at home.

***
...'Course, I also grab various non-discounted pieces that
strike my fancy. I picked up some Silent Death minis (discounted)
at Genghis Con to use in DSII:
   o  0652 "Equalizer" (3 pcs) as a class 2 or 3 VTOL transport
   o  0611 "Pit Viper" (3 pcs) as a class 2 aerospace fighter
   o  0658 "Bat" (2 pcs) as a class 3 aerospace fighter or dropship
***

I tend to find SD ships that work for FT, but I know of a fellow who
uses Spirit
Riders for DSII. I was skeptical, until I saw his nicely painted
OD-with-detail
scheme, and was very impressed.

Let me guess: Colpar's 50% off? When you travel over 1000 round trip to
a con,
deals like these balance the expense. Especially as some were already
reduced.
;->= Genghis Con's dealer room and auctions were very good to me.

***
Bummer! There I was, carrying around a 1500 point fleet (only Friday
night, though), and I didn't even know to look for you! Drat!
(Short-haired, fortyish, carrying a large, white mini box and a
green camo parka.)
***

May well have been a comedy of errors. Birhan Lin came up to me later in
the
weekend, explaining he had seen my note, but hadn't brought any figs.
Heck, we
could have played with match sticks, but it wasn't til after he'd walked
off
that I remembered I'd brought my micromachine ST fleets. He may not have
been in
the mood, but I would have pressed him into a test of the ships SSD's.
*sigh*

Oh, well, as I've pointed out, my flotilla's mostly small stuff, and I
know how
it is having to set aside the pride of the fleet. Especially if
home-brew; my
standard ESU ships would get murdered by well-optimised ones. Ok, they
get
murdered regularly, no matter what. ;->=

The_Beast

Prev: [FT] Gunboats - points cost?? Next: Re: Figs for DSII and SGII