Prev: Re: Crossover from GZGPedia List Next: RE: Population math help!

Re: assemblying FT minis

From: devans@u...
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 10:43:30 -0600
Subject: Re: assemblying FT minis

***
i haven't had too bad a time - my Petrograd went together perfectly.
however, i must say that i still haven't figured out how to get the stem
of the command section of by nac BB to stick into the hole in the
engineering section; i think more trimmage is called for ...

Tom
***

Thanks, Tom, but the question has been a comparison between the Triune (
;->= )
and the quality of casts produced by each member. If you happen to run
across
ones either from Eureka or GeoHex, you could give us yet another such
comparison...

I have been unwavering of my praise of KR for taking the license,
suppling GZG
to the US, his excellent support, here and for cons, of GZG products,
and am
still quite taken with his own delightful gaming mats, but must admit
having had
a concern as to the quality of cast myself.

I haven't had quite the complaints about flash; I HAVE wondered if the
assembly
problems I've had are in the design or the production of the ships,
beyond the
difficulty of working with hands supplied with five thumbs apiece, of
course.

BTW, in these colonies, the NAC ships I've seen vary greatly as to ease
of boom
insertion. Some have perfect fit, some have mis-matched tips, and some
of the
body holes are almost none existant. On the other hand, most things I
have are
rather old, and I think KR at one point mentioned working hard on the QC
topic.

No doubt, I've loved my little ships, but it's been a stormy
relationship. The
main reason I'm still running heavy cruisers down: One piece
construction. ;->=

The_Beast

Prev: Re: Crossover from GZGPedia List Next: RE: Population math help!