Prev: Re: Manuever warfare was:Anti-Tank guns Next: Re: Crossover from GZGPedia List

Crossover from GZGPedia List

From: Laserlight <laserlight@c...>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 23:16:37 -0500
Subject: Crossover from GZGPedia List

>JANoll wrote:
>> What I envision is a system (New Hope) that is in the midst of
breaking
free
>> from the NAC.  They have their own defense forces and they have some
NAC
>> garrison units that have sided with them.  They were able to succeed
in
>> separating because:

John Atkinson (with chorus in the background agreeing with every word)
declaimed:
>Please understand that I am not insulting your concept in particular.
>This is an expression of frustration with the universe in general.  I
>guess I ought to post it to the main list as well. . .
>
><meaningless rant>
>
>DOESN'T ANYONE BREAK AWAY FROM ANYONE EXCEPT THE NAC???
>
>We've got a swarms of renegade NAC colonies all over the place, but no
>FSE one, NSL ones, any only a few ESU ones, all of whom wish to endorse
>"True Communism".  Where's The Grand Duchy of Lithuania, home to
>militant nationalist Balts (don't laugh--they were fighting a guerilla
>war against the Soviets for 20 years after WWII)? New Bessarabia?
>Zaporozhia (small, flat, and inhabited by lots of Cossacks)?  Or The
New
>Hanseatic League, a loose affiliation of ex-NSL colonies along major
>trading routes?  The Kingdom of Bavaria (not to be confused with
>Illuminati in Space)?	The True Zulu Nation, who look upon the RSA
>joining the PAU as selling out their heritage?  The Basque Homeland?
>Ussi Suomi?  Some rathole where China shipped the Vietnamese once they
>realized you can't kill them all off and you can't ignore them unless
>you leave their country?  The Hermit Kingdom--Koreans really wouldn't
be
>fond living under ESU domination?  Former Bits of the LLAR where some
>Sergeant First Class held a coup?  Use your imaginations, folks!  I
>realize we're a little Anglo-Centric 'coz well, we're mostly Americans,
>Canadians, and English, but Dear God In Heaven, lets get something out
>here besides space-going clones of ourselves!	I've done my bit--I've
>got Italo-Normans, Russ, Serbo-Croats, Georgians, Greeks, Armenians,
>Arabs, Thracians, Circassians, Bedouin, et al that I'm doing, I can't
do
>everyone.
>
>Everytime I see one of these concepts shown up, it's too predictable.
>It's going to be the heroic put-up (and mostly American stock)
>colonists, ignored, opressed, and abused by the mindless NAC
Beauracracy
>(one would think the Brits learned their lesson with their first
>colonial empire).  Short sharp fight, but the NAC is distracted, so the
>heroic colonists prevail and set up a little paradise.  Whoopeee.  How
>many metaphors for the American Revolution do we really need?
>
></meaningless rant>

If it makes you feel better, John, I am working on KwaZulu.  I'm
somewhat
hampered by the fact that my brother speaks the language but doesn't
read
it, and I have no idea how to write (click) and (tock!) when I can't
even
pronounce it.
  I'm rather more hampered by the fact that I'm working on the Alarishi
Empire, which is in turn hampered by the Islamic Federation project,
which
is hampered by the Net based business we're starting, which is in turn
hampered by Real Life.	I'm sure you don't have any problems like that.
By
the way, when you get done with the New Jordanians, New Israelis,
Knights
Templar, and some more IF ships, I'll need some help setting up the
Alarishi
"ground" (using the term loosely) forces.  June, perhaps?

Prev: Re: Manuever warfare was:Anti-Tank guns Next: Re: Crossover from GZGPedia List