Prev: Re: Battle report of small missle ships Next: Re: M15.GIF map

Re: [FTFB] Not ships, exactally. . .

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 11:49:40 +0100
Subject: Re: [FTFB] Not ships, exactally. . .

John M. Atkinson wrote:

> Defsat 3:
>	Mass	3
>	Hull	1
>	MT Missle 2
>	Total 11 points.  This needs to rotate to point at the bad guys.
 As
> does it's big brother,
>
> Defsat 4:
>	Mass	5
>	Hull	1
>	SMR	4
>	Total	19

According to Jon T. (in the FT FAQ), you need at least 1 FC to launch
SMs
(unfortunately we missed to specify that in FB1). I'd say the same
applies to MT missiles (MT doesn't mention leaving the FCs out, since
you
can't build a ship completely without FCs in the FT/MT rules...)

> So are there any ideas on a mass/point cost for these puny thrusters
> which can't move a ship a single inch, but can rotate and roll 'em?
I'd
> like to make 'em nominal mass, but cost 5% of station mass, or 1
point,
> whichever is more.  :)

Sounds pretty OK. Well, as long as you don't put these things on a
800-Mass space station, that is - rotation thrusters for such a beast
*would* use up a few Mass... so how about rotational thrusters use up 2%
of the total Mass (round normally - you're allowed to round down to 0 in
this case) and costs 3*(thruster)Mass (round normally) or 1 point,
whichever is more?

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: Battle report of small missle ships Next: Re: M15.GIF map