Prev: Re: FT and DS2 Interface Next: Re: [FT] Replacement Boarding Rules v1.0b

Re: [DS2] Anti-Tank guns

From: DracSpy@a...
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 00:32:52 EST
Subject: Re: [DS2] Anti-Tank guns

<< I'd like to see towed ATG's and other non-self propelled support
weapons
just
 for those reasons, i.e. Militia units and lower tech forces. Towed
weapons
 could still play a useful role in certain types of terrain such as
cities,
 jungles and mountains particulary if your opponent has only so much  in
the
 way of aerospace support and ground mobile assets to spread around.
While I
 agree the weapons systems that are self-propelled can be brought to
bear more
 quickly and are more likely to survive on a modern (and future)
battlefield
 they may still have advantages in certain situations. Besides, doesn't
the
 rule book (if not the rules) imply their use? I seem to recall an
illustration
 showing a group of soldiers hauling some sort field gun into place.

 Perry >>
In Steel Panthers II the Anti-Tank guns a very usefull idea, they work
really
well with Air Defence Vehicles and a slope that you can hide behind. I
have
done a little bit of simming with DS2 with this idea, and it works,
something
that Gawain will be using to defend its self from the NAC forces.
-Stephen

Prev: Re: FT and DS2 Interface Next: Re: [FT] Replacement Boarding Rules v1.0b