Prev: Re: [FT] Replacement Boarding Rules v1.0b Next: Re: [URL] Latest GZG Advert

RE: Small ships and SMLS & Killing Torp armed fleets.....

From: -MWS- <Hauptman@c...>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 16:27:09 -0500 (EST)
Subject: RE: Small ships and SMLS & Killing Torp armed fleets.....

On Mon, 8 Feb 1999, Jared E Noble wrote:
[snip]
> No, it really is Mass 30 (also with FTFB SDS v04)
> Mass 30 (30)
> 6 (12) hull integrity 2
> 2 ( 4) Thrust Factor 1
> 3 ( 6) FTL (yes)
> 3 ( 9) 1 SML
> 6 (18) 2 SMR(ER)
> 1 ( 4) 1 Fire Control
> 9 (27) 1 fighter bay with 6 fighters
> -------------------------------
> Mass 30 Cost 110 + fighters
>
> Or if you want to be a cheese-meister
> Mass 29 (29)
> 6 (12) hull integrity 2
> 1 ( 2) *Thrust Factor 1
> (all the rest the same - you shave 1 Mass and 3 pts off.)
> *Techincally the 5% (round down) drive requirement means a mass 1
drive fits the
> bill.  I normally don't try to do this, but the 'Solve for Mass' page
is often
> (but not always) more efficient than doing things by hand - Try it and
see!

The Fleet Book construction rules (pag 10) state that you round 0.5+ UP
and
0.4999- DOWN, even for thrust.	The exception for Thrust ratings is to
give a
minimum value of 1.

So, using your example, this is what I come up with:

Mass 30 = 30 pts
hull integrity 2 (weak) = 30 * 20% = 6 MASS, 12 pts
Thrust Factor 1 = 30 * 5% = 1.5 MASS (round UP) = 2 MASS, 4 pts
FTL (yes) = 30 * 10% = 3 MASS, 6 pts
1 SML = 3 MASS, 9 pts
2 ER Salvo Magazine = 6 MASS, 18 pts
1 Fire Control = 1 MASS, 4 pts
1 fighter bay (empty) = 9 MASS, 27 pts

Adding together, we get

MASS   Pts     Description
  -	30     Basic Hull Cost
  6	12     WEAK Hull
  2	 4     Thrust 1
  3	 6     FTL
  3	 9     SML
  6	18     2 ER (3 Std) Salvo Magazine
  1	 4     Fire Control
  9	27     Fighter Bay (empty)
 --    ---
 30    110

So, your first figure is correct.  I don't know where you were going
with the
5% *rounded down* example . . . <g>

Mark "Hauptmann" Shurtleff
  email: hauptman@sfcmd.com -or- hauptman@concentric.net
       The Gear Locker:  http://www.sfcmd.com/HeavyGear/
	   Full Thrust:  http://www.sfcmd.com/fullthrust/

 Finagle's Law:
   The perversity of the Universe tends towards the maximum.

Prev: Re: [FT] Replacement Boarding Rules v1.0b Next: Re: [URL] Latest GZG Advert