Prev: RE: NAC Vehicles and Inf Question (SG2) Next: [HIST/BACKGROUND] IAS - Want to Share?

Re: NAC Vehicles and Inf Question (SG2)

From: Kelvin Henderson <kx.henderson@q...>
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 1999 11:03:33 +1000 (EST)
Subject: Re: NAC Vehicles and Inf Question (SG2)

At 07:08 PM 2/7/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi,
>Does any one have official stats (or ones that work realy well) for the
NAC
>Vehicles?
>What are the rules for outfitting PA and normal inf in SG2?
>Thanks
>Bye
>Stephen

Well, there are stats presented in the back of the SGII rulebook for the
NAC APCs/MICVs.  They are:

FV202 Phalanx Heavy APC (also Phalanx/C command vehicle variant)

Mobility:  Hi-Mobility Wheeled
Size:  4 (Large)
Armour: 3
Weaponry: Various - Typically 2xDFFG/1 (gatling type),
	  Enhanced FireCon
Crew:  2 (Commander, Driver)
Troop Spaces:  16 (Phalanx/C has 8 plus 4 equipment operation stations)
Other Equipment:  Basic ECM, Smoke Launchers (Phalanx/C - full
     Command/Communications equipment and Superior ECM)

FV700 MMRAV Family

Modular Multi-Role Armoured Vehicle. Variants include: FV701 Hoplite
APC,
FV703 Hunter tank killer, FV705 Defender AA vehicle, FV707 Striker MRL
artillery vehicle and FV710 Merlin mobile Command Post.

Stats below are for the FV701 Hoplite APC:

Mobility:  Hi-Mobility Wheeled
Size:  3 (Medium)
Armour: 2
Weaponry: 1xDFFG/1 (gatling type),
	  Enhanced FireCon
Crew:  2 (Commander, Driver)
Troop Spaces:  10
Other Equipment:  Enhanced ECM, Smoke Launchers

As to equiping Powered Armour and Normal Infantry, there are no hard or
fast rules.  Most of the grunts will use Assault or Gauss Rifles of some
description with the odd SAW and Anti-Tank weapon here and there.
Fitting
everyone with a SAW-type weapon makes for a nasty unit with dangerous
firepower, but is not terribly realistic.  All Powered armour troops,
while
fun, get tiresome for your opponent, especially if he is facing them off
with normal grunts.  Have a look at the force examples in the back of
the
SGII book (pgs 67-69) which includes a fairly detailed look at the NAC
Royal Marines.	Or of you are looking for a much more generic force
layout,
you might like to try my Force Generica list I have posted on my GZG
site.
You can find it at:

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Nebula/2470/gzghome.html

You can also find a list of some generic scenarios to use if you get
stuck
coming up with scenarios for you SGII games.

<End shameless plug>

-Kelvin....

"Sorry, Captain.  We thought you were dead."
	"I was.  I'm better now."

Prev: RE: NAC Vehicles and Inf Question (SG2) Next: [HIST/BACKGROUND] IAS - Want to Share?