Prev: RE: [FT] Pics page updated Next: Re: [TEST] I've got the POWER!!!

RE: [FT] Pics page updated

From: -MWS- <hauptman@c...>
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 1999 00:24:04 -0800
Subject: RE: [FT] Pics page updated

At 08:08 AM 2/4/99 -0000, you wrote:
>>I dunno, Tim - you might cry just as much when I tell you that
>>I print my own
>>decals at home on my ALPS MD-1000 thermal ink printer . . .
>
>No I'm not crying, I thought (hoped) they were home print decals.
>Do you use walthers decal paper? You are right about the
>ALPs their ink isn't too wet and they are less prone to fading
>than normal ink-jets as well.

The ALPS printer doesn't use wet ink at all, since it isn't an ink jet
printer <g> - thermal transfer printing is a heat & ribbon technology
(goes
on dry :).

I use both the Micromark paper and paper from Tango Papa (from a member
of
the "alpsdecal" mailing list on OneList).  Haven't tried the Walthers
paper
yet.  Anyone who is interested in producing their own decals should
wander
on over to www.onelist.com, review the archives, and join up.

>If you could let me have a synopsis of your decal technique off line
>I would like to add it to the painting faq.

No problem-o . . . offline info coming your way.

Mark "Hauptmann" Shurtleff
  email: hauptman@sfcmd.com -or- hauptman@concentric.net
  visit the Gear Locker at http://www.sfcmd.com/HeavyGear

 Finagle's Law:
   The perversity of the Universe tends towards the maximum.

Prev: RE: [FT] Pics page updated Next: Re: [TEST] I've got the POWER!!!