Prev: Re: Colonies Next: Re: [SG] NAC SAS rescues hostage from sword-wielding peasants [long]

Re: [FT] Pics page updated

From: -MWS- <Hauptman@c...>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 14:57:34 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: [FT] Pics page updated

On Wed, 3 Feb 1999 DracSpy@aol.com wrote:

> << I dunno, Tim - you might cry just as much when I tell you that I
print my
> own
>  decals at home on my ALPS MD-1000 thermal ink printer . . .
>  <g> >>
> I knew that I should have goten a ink printer, but I got the speed
with my
> Panasonic KX-P6500 Laser printer, 6 pages a minute, if you tell me
that your
> ink printer can do that, well I might just bang my head agenst a wall.
> -Stephen

The MD-1000 is *not* an ink jet printer - ink jets *cannot* print
directly on
blank decal film paper.  Only color copiers, color laserprinters, and
the ALPS
*thermal ink* printer can print on decal paper.

I also have a Panasonic KX-P6500 laser printer for my normal printing
chores.
I bought the ALPS MD-1000 specifically for printing decals - the fact
that it
does a bang-up job in doing 'regular' color prints is just a bonus to
me. :)
The ALPS is NOT a printer that you would want for your "only printer" -
it's
too noisy and too slow for general printing duties, and the cost of the
consumables per page will kill your budget if you don't have something
else
for normal printing chores.  However, for decal printing, both the cost
and
the convenience can't be beat.

Mark "Hauptmann" Shurtleff
  email: hauptman@sfcmd.com -or- hauptman@concentric.net
  visit the Gear Locker at http://www.sfcmd.com/HeavyGear/

 Finagle's Law:
   The perversity of the Universe tends towards the maximum.

Prev: Re: Colonies Next: Re: [SG] NAC SAS rescues hostage from sword-wielding peasants [long]