Prev: Re: [SG] NAC SAS rescues hostage from sword-wielding peasants [l Next: Re: [FT][URL] KV FB Designs

[FT and (!!) SG & DS] Population and military

From: "Izenberg, Noam" <Noam.Izenberg@j...>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 14:19:42 -0500
Subject: [FT and (!!) SG & DS] Population and military

In trying to build a minor power, it was fairly easy to come up with the
number of worlds and the overall population. I thought that size of the
military could be derived from this, but I need a basis for comparison.
If I can estimate what percentage of different national populations
belong in the different divisions (abstracting everything into Space,
Ground, Reserves and Merchant/Guard), then I could determine available
crewpeople and therefore how many ships I should have in my fleet.
Infrastructure also - I know that for every Sailor on a ship there are X
personnel that never see the water.

I figure it would be pretty foolish to claim to have a fleet that would
require 2/3 of my population as infrastructure, or a population that
could only support a cruiser and some frigates.

Does anyone have a simplistic breakdown of current
populations/militaries? I'm _most_ interested only for fleets, but would
like to make sure I was balanced with ground/reserves, etc. For instance
- Indy - any estimate for the population of the NAC?

Noam

Noam R. Izenberg		noam.izenberg@jhuapl.edu

Prev: Re: [SG] NAC SAS rescues hostage from sword-wielding peasants [l Next: Re: [FT][URL] KV FB Designs